Why Invest in Swaziland
- Strong Investor protection framework: Signatory to MIGA, member of UNCTAD, Member of ICSID.
- Abundance of qualified skills and competitively priced work force: Swaziland ranks 11th in Literacy Index of Africa 2014; labour costs are 20% lower than in neighbouring South Africa.
- Strong Business Support from Government: Government launched the Investor Roadmap Unit (IRMU) in August 2014 which seeks to reduce the cost of doing business and eliminate red tape.
- Extended Market Access: Swaziland has access to preferential markets in regional and international arena such as COMESA; SACU; SACU-Mercosur; EPAs.
- Close proximity to key ports such as Durban, Richards Bay and Mozambique.
- Safe, secure, peaceful and friendly people: The country has a homogenous and peaceful tribe with a unifying cultural background that promotes peace and is well acclaimed by investors.